Wednesday, August 6, 2008

A work in progress (in more ways than one)

Alternate Title: First posts...kinda.

Well, this is the first post, one of which I hope are many to come. I actually kept a blog before but I was getting tired of where I kept it, and wanted a change. Hence why the restart though think I'll get to importing some of my older posts in the future since I did have a couple of good ones.

So here's a quick recap. All my life I had been on the heavy side, which is a nice way of saying I was fat. Like many people that are overweight I would try to lose weight every so often, but even if it worked, it was just short term. Over time I grew to accept, and to think that no matter what I would never lose the weight. I used to think that about my only chances was some drastic operation or what not.

Then, about a year ago I decided to give losing weight another try. For one reason or another, something actually kicked in. I started counting calories, working out..doing things that I had done before but never had stuck to. This time though, they did, and a year and a half later, I have lost 73 pounds.

I still have a long way to go though, but I'm getting there. This journal will help keep track of that journey. Hopefully I'll improve in the topics, and change up the different layout, but this works for now. So if you stumbled upon it, stick around, comment, whatever. I don't expect all comments to tell me what great job I done..criticize my posts, posts your own storie, etc. Lets hope this goes good.

No comments: