Friday, August 15, 2008

Results for first week

Alternate Title: Upside and Downsides

First, I want to say thanks to Scott Keith, for giving me a plug on his own blog. He's an entertaining read if you want to read opinions on tv/wrestling/pop culture, so check him out.

Well, I have done the first week of the 100 Push Up Challenge, and the results have been mixed. These where my results for the week:

  • Day 1: 10/10/8/6/12
  • Day 2: 12/12/10/10/10
  • Day 3: 15/13/10/10/13
So basically I met the requirements for each day except in the last day. That day I wasn't able to pull off the minimum required in the max section (15). This has let me conflicted.

Naturally, failing at anything is not a good feeling, and it actually reminds me how I used to feel when I was younger, and overweight. That's probably why I took me failing today harder than I really should have. None the less it's easy to remind myself that I still did more push ups this week that I probably would have done in a year a while back. And it really did feel good adding them to my workout, so it's not like it's a wasted effort.

So I'm probably going to be re-doing this week again in the upcoming week. I'm not sure how easily I'll be able to pull of week 2, so I rather re do week 1 and build up some more strength.

Speaking of which, I also made use of google documents to make a Spreadsheet to track my progress. Anyone is free to add themselves to it, so hopefully it'll be filling out in time.

No comments: