Monday, August 18, 2008

Monday's Meal

Your New Weekly Column



(One of the most important aspects of losing weight is a healthy meal. I never been the best at that aspect, with me still preffering to eat out, even if I opt for healthier options. In an attempt to change this, each Monday I'll be preparing a healthy meal, and recording my progress. )

Today's Meal:
Grilled Chicken Breasts (2)
Brown Rice (1 cup)
Assorted Veggies

Good old rice and chicken. Probably one of the easiest meals to make, and one of the few things I actually do know how to make. Brown rice is actually what I try to cook most often, since it's healthier..even though it does take longer. It usually takes about 45 minutes to cook, but at least that gives me time to mess around with the chicken.
I'll admit it, for the longest time I been eating frozen chickens that are pre-bought. Yeah, it's easier, but it's more expensive. That's why I decided today to actually grill some chicken breasts that I bought using the George Foreman Grill. I add some random spices I have in the cupboard to give it some taste.
To complete the meal, I then put about a bit of veggies and letucce that I had bought the other day. And in all a pretty good meal, and it took me about 45 minutes. It was surprisingly easy to make, and I hope that next week I'll try to make something a bit harder.


No comments: